Update Your Voter Registration
Have you moved recently or changed your name?
Check Your Registration Status
Make Sure You are Active and Get Your Voter ID#
Track Your Mail-In Ballot
Check Status Online After Mailing
Sign Up for NJ Voter Public Access
Be Ready to Track your Ballot
- Commencement of Mailing Mail-In Ballots -Saturday, September 18
- Voter Registration Deadline – Tuesday, October 12
- Mailing of Sample Ballots – Wednesday, October 20
- Early Voting Period – Saturday, October 23 – Sunday, October 31
- Election Day – Tuesday, November 2
- Mail-In Ballots must be postmarked by Election Day, Tuesday, November 2nd, and received no later than Monday, November 8th.
Voting Machines will be available from October 23rd through October 31st for Early In-Person voting at seven locations in Morris County
Early Voting Hours:
Monday – Saturday: 10AM – 8PM
Sunday – 10AM – 6PM
Visit the Morris County website to view polling places in your town.
November 2, 2021 from 6 am to 8 pm for voting in-person at the polls.
Instructions for in-person voting
Before going to the polls on election day please make sure that you are registered to vote here.
If you are not registered to vote, please follow the instructions on how to register to vote.
If you are already registered to vote you are ready to vote in person:
Once you arrive at your proper polling location, find your district’s table.
At the table, you will:
- Give your name to the poll worker. If noted in the poll book, you may need to verify an address and show ID.
- If the election is a primary, and you are unaffiliated, you will have to declare your party as either Republican or Democrat and fill out a party declaration form. A poll worker will guide you through this process.
- Sign the left side of the Voting Authority pad provided by the poll worker. The Poll Worker will tear off the right side of the Voting Authority pad and give it to you.
- You will then be lead to a voting booth where you will hand a Poll worker your Voting Authority slip and be shown where you will cast your vote.
- Make your selections in the voting booth by pressing the button that corresponds with your vote.
- After reviewing all of your selections, be sure to press the “CAST VOTE” button.
- The lights on the machine will go out, indicating that your votes have been submitted.
All Morris County polling places are accessible.
Mail-In Ballots will be sent ONLY to people who requested them.
The deadline to request a Mail-In Ballot for the General Election is October 26, 2021
Please contact the Morris County Clerk with any questions regarding your status.
Mail-In Ballot voters can change their mind and not use their paper ballot to vote.
You can go to your assigned polling place and vote in person using a paper ballot, which is called a “Provisional Ballot”. The Provisional Ballot will be processed once all Mail-In Ballots have been received and tabulated. This security process ensures that voters do not vote more than once in any election.
Deadline for Mail-In Ballots
Mail-In Ballots sent via USPS must be postmarked by Election Day, Tuesday, November 2nd, and received no later than Monday, November 8th.
Ballot Drop Boxes will be closed and locked at 8 PM on November 2nd.
Deadline to deliver your Mail-In Ballot in-person to the County Clerk at 10 Court Street in Morristown is by 8 PM on November 8th. See instructions for in-person delivery.